Sunday 8th July 2018
Start and Finish Location
De Vere Horsley Estate, Ockham Road, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 6DT
Entry Fees: 100 miles: £30.00, 80 miles: £30.00, 60 miles: £25.00, 25 miles: £15.00*
Your entry fee includes a bacon roll and tea or coffee on arrival, BBQ burger at the finish and free ice cream for all riders. All children under 12 will also receive a complimentary ice cream. Don’t forget to pick up your food vouchers at on the day Registration point. *Please note: A small administration processing charge is applied to all registration fees by the online entry provider we use. On the day entries will be charged a £5 administration fee which is donated directly to our charity partner: Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance.
Registration on the day
On arrival please report to Registration which will be open from 0745, please do not arrive before 0730.
• We advise that you arrive at least 45 minutes before your distance start time. This allows sufficient time for you to register, have breakfast and use any facilities needed prior to your start
• Ideally please have access to a copy of your confirmation email, either on your mobile phone or a print out in case of any issues at Registration
At Registration, you will be provided with:
• An Emergency Contact Card with details of the support available on the routes
• 1 Rider Number and 2 cable ties: The Rider Number is to be attached with 2 cable ties to your handle bars
• If you purchased an event jersey through the website this will be available to collect at Registration
The 100 mile ride will start at 0900.
The 80 mile ride will start at 0915.
The 60 mile ride will start at 0930.
The 25 mile ride will start at 1000.
Whichever distance you are completing, you will need to arrive at least 45 minutes before your start time to register for the ride.
Facilities available for participants at the Start and Finish venue
• Car parking – there is plenty of free car parking at Horsley Park
• Bike mechanic for any emergency, last minute repairs
• Pre-ride breakfast: Bacon roll with tea, coffee or squash available from 0800
• Post-ride: Burger and ice cream available until 1700
All routes have been meticulously planned by the Zeus Cycling Team and are available to download from the Routes page of this website.
The route is subject to change, including on the day of the event, due to road closures, accidents, weather etc so please ensure you follow the route signage on the day. All riders must finish at Horsley Park by 1800. Participants who are still on the routes after this time will be collected and repatriated to the finish line.
From the Start of the ride the route will be clearly signed with the use of our event arrow signs. Arrow signs will be at all junctions on the route, so simply follow these when you come to a junction. ‘Caution’ signs are used to advise riders to reduce their speed as a potential hazard is ahead. Hazards include potholes, turnings off fast stretches of road, a fast descent or a crossing with a busier road. When you see these signs, you should reduce your speed and ride with extra care and caution.
Pit Stops are approximately every 20-25 miles on the 60, 80 and 100 mile routes, with 2 Pit Stops on the 60 mile route and 3 on the 80 and 100 mile route. No Pit Stops are provided on the 25 mile route but complimentary refreshments are available at the Start and Finish.
At Pit Stops riders will have access to:
• Drinks: water, squash
• Food: such as Jelly beans / babies, bananas, flapjacks, jaffa cakes, mini cheddars etc.
• Pit Stop 2 will also provide a light lunch for 100 mile riders
The Pit Stops provide an opportunity to top up drinks bottles and have some food. We advise you to top up your energy levels whilst at the Pit Stop but to also pick up some food to take with you; snacks that can be consumed later in the ride when you need a boost to get you to the next Pit Stop or the finish. Pit Stop food should supplement the food and drink you take on the ride and you should not solely rely on this as your only form of nutrition. If you have any specific energy drink or supplement requirements please ensure you bring these with you as these are not provided. Please only take your quota of complimentary food at the Pit Stops so that we have enough for all riders. All Pit Stop facilities are complimentary.
At on the day Registration you’ll be assigned your own individual Rider Number with two cable ties to attach it to your handlebars. Please ensure you attach your Rider Number to the front of the bike so it can be clearly seen. Do not wrap it around your handle bars. Wearing the individual Rider Number is compulsory.
It is compulsory for participants to wear a cycling helmet at all times whilst riding in the event. Any rider without a cycling helmet on the day will banned from participating.
Volunteers are crucial to the success of the event; our events simply wouldn’t happen without the hard work and dedication of our event volunteers. We need up to 30 people who want to help us make the Allianz Surrey Classic Bike Ride a fantastic event and have a great time. We need volunteers for both the Saturday and Sunday, to help us with the event set up as well as on the day. There are lots of different roles such as helping at Registration, Pit Stops, Catering and cheering participants over the finish line.
If you, or someone you know are keen to volunteer please get in touch with us either via email Cycling@ZeusEvents.co.uk or by phone on 01392 248790 or 07538 707713.
Rules and Regulations
All participants need to adhere to the Allianz Surrey Classic Bike Ride Rules and Regulations in order to register and take part in the event.
Our key Rules and Regulations are:
• The ride is an open road event
• Always put yours and other road users’ safety first
• It is compulsory for participants to wear a cycling helmet at all times whilst riding in the event. Any rider without a cycling helmet on the day will banned from participating
• All participants must comply with the Highway Code at all times and ride appropriately on open roads
• Cyclists are not permitted to ride more than 2 abreast
• Do not use a music player with headphones whilst cycling
• Wearing the individual Rider Number is compulsory
• All riders must finish at Horsley Park by 1800
• Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including medicines
• Participants must have appropriate liability, personal accident and equipment insurance in place. Valid and appropriate Public Liability Insurance is in place for the event
• Please remind yourself of all the event Rules and Regulations
Share the Surrey Classic on: